Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Information Overload

i am having information overload. and its my own fault
as i sit here on my computer, with the TV on, with my phone having sat beside me all day (i finally just punished it into my bedroom), there are too many thoughts swirling in my head. too many stimuli. i have too many browser windows open, yet it feels comforting not to be left alone with my own thoughts. 
facebook, twitter, text messages, blogs, pinterest, tv, phone calls, conversations, significant others, roommates, family members, pets friends, books, magazines.

i feel like our society needs/demands constant access to social connection, a sounding board, a place to put thoughts out, to feel relevant, connected, important. retweets, comments, likes, responses, phone calls, all making us feel the comfort of connection. i seek it too, but i dont know if the purpose is to keep us grounded, but i feel like it keeps me in a state of distended ignorance. not able to sift through my actual feelings.

i wish my mind were more quiet, that i didnt feel that same need to be connected, yet i feel like having an outlet is one of the only ways to truly cleanse my overloaded brain of some of the stresses and worries of everyday life.
i am torn. but i want it to be quiet. my mind, my life. maybe then i can answer some of the questions my heart and soul are asking, and maybe i wont have to reach out into the wide expanse of social medium to get an answer. maybe if i am quiet enough, i will be able to hear the answer that my heart is trying to tell me,

No comments:

Post a Comment