Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Missing Something

My life is so blessed. I have the most amazing family, great friends, a job that I am happy with that lets me travel, a home, my health and countless other blessings. but sometimes, something still feels like it is missing.

I'm sure you can see where this is going, but I am realizing that this is a process, and I won't have all the answers right away, and that is ok. There are a few underlying issues that I think I need to address with my heart and mind, and that is part of my process. I need to allow my heart to open, fully, to God's plan for me. I have always had my strong Catholic faith as a presence in my life, but now it is time for me to strengthen my own relationship with God. As I am typing this, I had major deja vu, it serves as another reminder that this is something important. I have felt something tugging at my heart for a while now, but have not been the most successful at slowing down my mind enough to let some things in my past and present go, and truly allow my heart to be open. 

I work my feelings out through physical activity. I leave my feelings on the soccer field, on the sidewalk beneath my running shoes, dance it out in zumba, or twist, sweat and invert my feelings out on my yoga mat. That is my stress reliever, and an essential part of my life, and for a long time it was enough. now it is time to add things back in, mentally and emotionally. 

Big picture, this means figuring out who I am, but not by trying to answer some questions or be able to tell people who I am. It is embarking on a journey where the destination is unknown, but trusting that God is there every step of the way. It may seem like a daunting task, but I am confident that this is the right direction, and by devoting some time to enhance my relationship with God, my heart will open and I will start to learn my true path.

Here we go! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment