Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Me and Barry Manilow

Someone please tell me why I heard Barry Manilow's "Mandy" at a restaurant, and now have downloaded it and listened to it multiple times....My name is Amanda, it kinda makes sense (not really), it's a catchy song, I remember it from the scene in Can't Hardly Wait (I just aged myself) when the nerd kid is obsessed with JLH's (Jennifer Love Hewitt, duh) character Amanda, and then the angel stripper lady tells him its a song about his dog. None of that explains why I am listening to it, and now typing about it (and listening to it again) and wondering if I have lost my mind. I also looked up whether or not it was really about his dog, and learned that the writer made up that it was about his dog when the song was called Brandy and people kept asking him who it was about, then when the song became Mandy in the US, the rumor followed it. And that Barry (first name basis people) was addicted to drugs when he recorded it, and that mandy is a nickname for some drug. And now that I am starting to listen to the lyrics, it mentions something to get him to stop shaking, which could be a side effect from drugs. That tidbit was not mentioned on the website full of useless information, maybe I just made a discovery about it! Which still does not explain why I am still listening to it and writing about it!!!

Wow, I really, truly worry myself sometimes. eek. Back to normal pastimes like watching Manzofest on Bravo. Shaking my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment