Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Perfect, Put Together Girl....


That girl. I will never be THAT girl. Everyone knows that girl, has one somewhere in her life, maybe in real life, or on Facebook or Pinterest or Instagram. She’s perfectly coiffed, with cute accessories, the best arm party, her pants fit and are the right length, her shoes are interesting, and her purse matches her outfit. She is on time, isn’t frazzled and is fully prepared for the day before her.

I want so badly to be that girl….I’ve never been her, with perfect hair, volumized and gelled and sprayed and smoothed, the one who carefully chose her outfit the night before, ironed it and woke up on time to put it on, made sure everything matched, and was positive that she was wearing two of the same shoe ;)

Instead of being that girl, most of the time I am too loud when I get excited, I hate my outfits/hair/shoes, my makeup at the end of the workday has disappeared, and its a frightening sight, I have piles of ratty tshirts and $7 yoga pants that I wear at home in public with no shame, I'm never on time, I eat dinner most night sitting on the floor, I consider a Toaster Strudel to be a balanced meal, I own exactly 3 things in my kitchen,  my towels are dingy and ripping, my bed is never made, I sleep on wet hair and have a fro in the morning, if I straighten my hair, it’s flat on top and curls in an ugly way at the bottom. If I curl it, it looks messy, and a giant knot forms at the back of my neck, I am terrible at applying eyeliner and I run errands after hot yoga and can feel people being repelled by my bird’s nest hair and red face. Phew. That’s a lot to get off my chest.haha

The point of this all, is that it’s much harder than it seems to have it all together all the time, but it is something I want to focus on, for my own confidence and sanity, as well as my appearance to the outside world. Now I am not going to stop going to the store if I need something after yoga, or kick myself if I can never apply eyeliner just right, but I just want to make a few small changes to my routines, to make it “appear” that maybe I could possibly one day be THAT girl. So, in the spirit of channeling my inner "it girl", its time to unbunch my drawers and make some changes:

1) I would love to own more NICE furniture/kitchen supplies/grown up things. I made a list that quickly grew to be pages long, and I will slowly start to collect quality items for that day in the future when I may not have a roommate with all the grown up things.

2) I would like to wake up on time and spend more than the last 5 minutes of my harried morning frenzy doing my hair. Hair first, clothes, then makeup. But that would require waking up on time...and maybe having an outfit picked out the night before. This may also involve blow drying at night, and looking for simple updos and styles and volumizing tips….

3) More pulled together outfits. With the invention of Pinterest, there is no excuse for not looking cute. I need to add more pops of color, more belts and scarves and mixed patterns. And I need to tuck things in. I am averse to tucking since I hate my tummy area, but I will have to make some mental adjustments and make this an option.







No comments:

Post a Comment