Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog Every Day in May, Or Four Days at Once...


Day 2: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic) Yikes, its super depressing when you are supposed to write about something you are good at and you can't think of anything...my first few ideas were: how to be awkward, how to be friends with guys, and how sarcasm is a second language to me.

So, since no one cares about ANY of these topics, I will focus on something I want to be good at. I want to know more languages. I recently met a co-worker's grandson, who at the ripe old age of 5, can speak fluent Spanish, French and English (but as my co-worker said, "Oh, he expresses himself best in French". Ha! Five years old. I learned enough Italian to get around while I was there in Summer 2007, but the minute I returned I lost every scrap of language I  had acquired. I am obviously dying to learn Italian because that is my favorite country in the world, but I would also love to learn Spanish (3 years in high school and I have retained almost nothing), French, German and Portugese, to name a few.

Day 3, Friday: Things that make you uncomfortable

Lots of things make me uncomfortable. Like lots and lots. I am probably the most awkward/uncomfortable person on earth. These are just a few...

People who have no shame in public bathrooms. Maybe you're comfortable with letting it all out, but it still makes other people uncomfortable!

Confrontation. I don't like it. It makes me squirm and have anxiety attacks.

Crowded and loud places. Malls, stores, restaurants, bars etc. If there are too many people I want to get out.

Mushrooms and olives. Yucky, slimy, gross!

Awkward encounters when you first start dating someone, and they walk you to the door and there is the awkward do we hug, is he going to kiss me, do I want him to kiss me, if we say bye in the car it's awkward too, absolute ridiculousness. It makes me so anxious that I try to drive myself on dates to avoid this very situation, and if I can't avoid it, I obsess about it until something happens, and 99% of the time my weirdness has made it 23984x more awkward than it needed to be. And I wonder why I'm single...hmm

Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it


This quote has stuck with me for months, and I tried to find another that rang more true, but I kept coming back to this one. I hate the picture they used in this pin, but it sort of makes me laugh. The sentiment is still there, and is so true.

Day 5, Sunday: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends. What makes them great? Why do you love them? If you don't have blogger friends, talk about a real-life friend or even a family member

One of the first blogs I stumbled on when I joined this community was Miss Chelsea  at Life is A Sunset, and she has everything a good blogger needs: great writing, honesty, inspiration and personality. She talks so candidly about the struggles she has endured, and still keeps a smile on her face. I love reading all her posts!



No comments:

Post a Comment