Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Word Vomit, Fall and Football!



I have so many things to say,  and have had for weeks, but as usual, I can’t get them out in words. These past few weeks have included  a lot of new-ish emotions, a lot of connecting to people from my past, hearing stories of their paths that are so different from mine, and as a result of these re-connections, a lot of thinking. While I don’t love living in the place where I grew up,  it can be a fun and pleasant experience to run into people from my past, except when I am running into the store after yoga and run into someone who thinks that I look like this sweaty red-faced mess all the time (I don’t, promise). Anyways, it makes my heart happy when people reach out to me, in times of happiness, or sadness or change, it's always welcome, and I wish I were better at being the one to reach out. I'm working on it. It’s nice to feel like no time has passed, and to get to know these people  in their life now, not like you knew them in the past. End ramble. I think. However, re-connecting after a long absence entails lots of “what’s new?”, “Are you dating anyone?”, “ What have you been up to?” questions, and its not easy for me to say I have been at the same job for 3 years (definitely not a bad thing, but saying the number out loud makes me wonder where the last 3 years have gone and what have I done during that time),  I haven’t had a serious relationship in 4 years, or anything resembling a relationship in over 3 years (eep). Saying that out loud to someone was a slap in the face reality check of my life. I had to ask myself, what HAVE I done in the past 3 years, 5 years, 10 years. I have decided that will be another post, to help me realize that I have accomplished things in that time. I am not ashamed to admit that I like stability, and constants, and I don’t always do well with change. But that doesn’t mean that change never needs to happen in my life. It does. Like now. I need it to challenge me, to break me down and show me what I am really made of.  I need relationships to open me up and challenge me in a different way, to hurt in that vulnerable way and feel good at the same time. I need these things to happen to me, for me, with me, but I’m not sure how to start. I don’t know if I am putting the right vibes/signals/emotions out there that reflects what I want. I believe in the law of attraction, that what you put out is what you get back, and at certain points in my life I try harder to really focus on what I want to get back, and make an effort to put that type of energy out into the universe. This is a goal of mine, for it to be a constant thing instead of an intermittent thing.That can also be another whole post. High Five for blog post ideas within other blog posts!

Enough heavy stuff. Phew. It is  officially my favorite season of the year, except the weather seems to differ. Stupid Florida. I looveee FALLLLLL!!!! My most favorite part of fall is pretty obvious because it is also the favorite of many, many others, college football! Go Noles!! I am so excited for a season of triumphs and tragedies (hopefully all triumphs) of my boys in the garnet and gold, good times with friends, cooler weather, some fall road trips and travel, and fun fall traditions :)

Oops, that was another ramble. I promise I am done. So to ensure I do not commit the ultimate blogger sin of posting without pictures (gasp!), I will continue my love affair with fall with some pictures, pictures that do not currently represent me at this present moment, sitting and sweating outside in a tank and shorts with an ice cold diet coke because my organs would combust if I tried to suck down a Pumpkin Spice Latte at this moment. 





FSU QB #5- Jameis Winston aka Famous Jameis.
Our hope rests in those big hands of yours, buddy.
Scalp Em! Go Noles!


1 comment:

  1. Aww love this post :) Slightly jealous of your amazing college football team, mine was THE WORST!

    <3, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete