Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Friday, November 25, 2011

FSU-UF Rivalry Weekend 2011

It's here. The most important football game in FSU's season. More important than playing (then) Top Ranked Oklahoma in Tallahassee early in the season. More important than beating Miami. And more important than trying to make the most of a mediocre 7-4 season. This one is for all the marbles, especially for me. Living in Central Florida, where the Florida Gators 2 hours away in Gainesville, means bandwagon fan central. Tons of members of "Gator Nation", most of whom have never set foot on the campus, let alone graduate from there, all proclaiming the greatness that is Florida. Well, I am tired of hearing it. I am tired of Victoria's Secret not selling its Pink gear in garnet and gold south of Jacksonville, and I am tired of hearing about them in general. It is time for FSU to take back the state, just like they did last year :) The stakes aren't nearly as high as they were in the 90's when the winner would determine which team went to the BCS National Championship, but there is still an incredible amount of pride riding on this game. I will be praying and watching intensely, and I believe my boys in Garnet and Gold can get it done in the Swamp.

Scalp Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment