Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Weekend Update ATL Style

Here I am, back in Huntsville, AL after a weekend in the ATL (as the locals call it). I am in Huntsville for work for 2 weeks, and my friend met me in ATL for the weekend, and her friend came down for the night on Friday. It was supposed to be rainy all weekend, but it was hot and sunny so we got to do some outside stuff :) J and I arrived at the same time, but A got stuck at work and didn't get there until almost midnight. So J and I changed and headed to a bar down the street. .6 miles down the street to be exact, but we paid $12 for a cab that drove us not even a mile, and he lied to us and said all downtown cabs are $12. They aren't. We got ripped off. FAIL. So we had a few beers and some snacks and waited for A to get there. Once we did we went out in Buckhead and met some nice southern gentleman. Then we came back and devoured a box of cheez-its before passing out. Saturday J had to get up to drive to a wedding in Alabama (hoppin place right? Wrong) So A and I got ready and headed out to the Flying Biscuit, home of the best grits in the world!!! After stuffing ourselves, we were going to go to World of Coke, but it was super crowded and we couldn't find parking, so we met up with some of A's friends at a gigantic food truck festival. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but after waiting 2 HOURS in line for some so-so asian style tacos, and getting sunburned, we were all pissed, hot and tired. We hung out in the shade chatting for a while, and then trudged home. We sat on the couch and watched Food Network, picked up some takeout and enjoyed fried pickles, nachoes and pinot grigio and more food network. Then I had a marathon session of taking flying leaps onto the cushy hotel bed while A tried to get a picture of it. We ended up with several bad pictures, one hilarious video, and I have a sore ankle. We passed out early and lazed around this morning. We grabbed brunch at a bakery nearby and then visited world of coke. We took pictures with the Olympic Torch, which was cool, tasted some gross sodas in the tasting center, and then went into sugar comas from all the soda. Then I hopped on the road back to H-Town, winding around the most dizzying country backroads you will ever see. I did see some beautiful mountains and rivers and lakes along the way, but I felt really dizzy from all the turns. I rocked out to some music, took some funny pics, and now I am relaxing, about to tackle more of my book or Glee season 2, I haven't decided which yet :) Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment