Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Life Lately

This is what my life looks like: last Thursday my soccer team won the championship :)))) In double overtime, after having lost in a heart breaker last season. It felt so great to be back on top.

Friday was such an awesome day! I got a long-overdue massage, a yummy lunch and painted pottery with my girlfriends. I made an adorable Easter bowl, which I plan to promptly fill with candy as soon as I pick it up. Then I took a blissful nap, did some reading, errands and watched TV.  

Saturday I ran more errands, relaxed, and got ready for St. Patty's day downtown with a bunch of friends. That's when my weekend took a turn for the worst. I drank Irish Car Bombs on an empty stomach, and the night/morning/all day Sunday quickly turned out to be an awful, embarrassing, mess. A week later and I am still cringing, and am on an alcohol hiatus...possibly forever. Not sharing pictures from that night. Moving On.

Monday-Friday: Work is busy/stressful, my teams lost 2 playoff soccer games in penalty kicks, I had a cavity filled, I finished watching Parks and Rec, and am now fully involved in the drama of Brothers & Sisters, I went to an amazing yoga class on a day when I didn't think I wanted to go to yoga. I went in feeling disconnected, frustrated and not myself, and I came out feeling centered, light and free. That kind of high is unmatchable, and made me appreciate the little ways your life can line up, when you think everything is destined to be out of whack forever. 


Yesterday I played hooky from work, and went to the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill with my Dad, which is our yearly tradition, and it was a blast as always, even though I got a splotchy sunburn on my legs and ankles and nose, which is also a yearly tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment