Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Update, March Goals, Pet Peeves and Randomness

This post is just going to be a jumble of monkeys, because I have a lot to talk about, and none of it flows in a logical pattern. Here goes nothing:
 
Weekend Update: I spent the weekend in Savannah with my girlfriends, it was coooold, but fun to bundle up and wear boots and scarves that I don't get to whip out too often in FL. We drank way too much on Friday night, playing drinking games with dice at a pretty classy bar (but who can say no to free shots and beer? Plus, the company of a handome Savannanite (made up that word) that one of my girlfriends knew from wayyyyy back when, he had some funny stories to share), and then all had a rough time getting out of bed on Saturday, but made it out for lunch (at 2:30) before our awesome bike pub crawl with Savannah Slow Ride. You ride a giant 10-person bicycle through the streets of Savannah, and stop at a few pubs along the way, and get a few history lessons. And you meet a group of 50-year old women celebrating a 50th birthday by drunkenly riding around in a carriage screaming about Tim the hot bartender at Tree House. You better believe we hauled ass over there to check him out. Verdict: Hot, hottie hot! Yum. Overall, the bike pub crawl was a great experience, even with our aching thighs and cold faces! After the pub crawl, we stayed in the warm bar where the ride started/ended and watched NASCAR. Then we trekked back downtown in the cold and grabbed some food, then back to the hotel for a quick nap before venturing back out for a night out. But the bar we wanted to visit was super crowded, and we didn't feel like dealing with huge crowds, so we called it a relatively early night. Sunday we slept in, packed up, and had delicious brunch at Huey's on the river. Then it was 4 hours back to Orlando, where I unpacked, made chili and grilled cheese, set off the smoke alarm, watched Parks and Rec and some Full House and called it a night.
 
March Goals:
 
-Blow dry my hair when wearing it straight. I alternate between flat ironing my hair and curling it for work, but it looks frizzy and not straight when I straighten it in the morning. I figured out this weekend how much better it looks if I blow dry it first, then straighten it. Pretty simple realization, but I am a dummy when it comes to hair. I shower at night, and sleep on it wet, so it's already frizzy and fro-ish in the morning, and 5 mins with the flat iron isn't going to do much good. I need to blow dry at night before I go to sleep (maybe run a flat iron through it at night) and then hopefully I can do a quick touch up in the morning, and have sleek, non frizzy hair.
-Keep nails painted. I failed at this in February, my nails needs to be professionally groomed, they look uneven and ragged, so no polish job I do myself will ever look good. Hopefully once I get a manicure, I can maintain the shape and re-polish for the rest of the month on my own. Spring colors, here I come! And I got a $2 off coupon for Essie. Score!
-Acquire some spring decor. World  Market has the cutest spring stuff, I want some table decorations, towels, and maybe some cheery plates and mugs to add to the collection of stuff I need to be a grown up ;) Right now the collection consists of a set og drinking glasses and one pan....
-Run more. I have an 11k in April, and I would like to be prepared for it, as I haven't raced this distance before.
-Finish book, and read 2 more. Book club will take care of one, and I just got great deals on a bunch more, so I need to read up!
 
Pet Peeves: I tend to be easily irriated by certain habits ie: an annoying laugh (ahem coworker), a strange tic etc. and at certain times things will irritate me more than normal. This week it's the mispronunciation of words. It's a sandwich, not a sand-widge. Please and thank you. Don't get me started on your, you're and their, there and they're. I am the daughter of an english teacher, nothing drives me more nuts!
 
Randomness: This might make an encore appearance for What I'm Loving Wednesday, but it deserves some attention today: My love for Aaron Tveit, better known as Enjolras in Les Mis (or not known at all if you haven't seen the movie....#nerdalert). I loved him in the movie, but that love was taken to a whole new level after the Les Mis cast's Oscar performance when he strode in behind Samantha Barks like he owned the whole damn room! Plus his singing voice is amazing, and I watch the performance at least three times per day, he is that good (they all are). The whole performance still gives me goosebumps and makes me tear up. He made one gorgeous French Revolutionary, and looks phenom in a suit! As do Hugh Jackman, Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen and Russell Crowe!
 


 
 
Man Candy Monday. Yum!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment