Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Friday, February 24, 2012

Feeling Strange

I feel strange. I have felt a little off since yesterday. Several strange small things happened yesterday, none of them serious (a rude comment, hearing about the engagement of an ex, a misunderstanding) but all combining has me feel iffy last night and today. My feelings seem to compound on themselves, and come out when I try to have quiet, alone time. I can't think of a better word for it than iffy, but it brings with it frustration, anxiety and irritability. The result is feeling disconnected, sad, lonely and lost. I really hate admitting that I feel lonely, because I love spending time alone and being independent, but this feeling of loneliness can be pretty hard to deal with. I always try to convince myself that I need to get a dog, until I feel guilty that I wouldn't have much time to spend with it (one day I will crack and get one). I am not sure how to deal with it sometimes, the only thing I know how to do is try to distract myself until it passes. I can't even express the feeling in words, which upsets me even more. Maybe I am being hypersensitive. This post makes no sense, and I don't like it. I feel like a complete lunatic.

I am going to brave the crowds in Orlando for NBA All Star Weekend and try to leave my funk behind. 

"Let Go and Let God"
Breathe

2 comments:

  1. Hugs. You aren't the only one in the blog-o-sphere feeling this way. I read on someone else's blog the very same thing and obviously, we know I feel this way too. Hang in there. Something great is bound to happen to pick you up for a little while.
    Sorry about the ex being engaged. One of my biggest fears right now in addition to him getting her knocked up. FML.

    Have fun @ All-Star! I'm working for Cartoon Network tomorrow and Sunday @ the Jam. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon :) I have thought through some of my feelings and enjoyed time with my friends. Have fun at the Jam Session!

    ReplyDelete