Social Media

home about daily reads fitness

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Movie Reviews

I watched 3 movies last weekend, which is a big thing for me because I have ADD that doesn't allow me to pay attention for longer than an episode of FRIENDS or Sex and the City. So I thought I would review said movies.
 
Water For Elephants
 
I read the book and LOVED it! Movies never live up to the books, in my opinion, and this was no different. It was a good movie, I thought Rob Pattinson was a much better actress separated from Kristin Stewart lol, and it kept my attention for the most part, but it didn't elaborate enough on the drama and emotions behind the characters, which you can feel much better in the book. 
Rating: B-
Friends with Benefits
Yuck. I thought this movie was a waste of time. Yes, I love JT as much as anyone else, and he is a decent actor. And i have a MAJOR girl crush on Mila Kunis, but I couldn't get into this at all. The storyline is very played out, and yes their lives in the movie were glamorous, but I couldnt get on either character's side, really connect with them at all. I almost turned it off. Disappointed.
Rating: D
 
The Change Up
I love Ryan Reynolds (who doesn't, seriously) and I love Jason Bateman, and Leslie Mann. But this one was not such a winner. Another played out story line, and they didnt show Ryan Reynolds character developing out of his stunted adolescence at the end. Worth the $2 I spent on it. not sure if it was worth the 2 hours of my time.
 Rating: C

(Please ignore how sad my weekend was that I watched 3 movies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment